Growing the sorrel herb in the garden is the easiest task, curtailing the growth is the difficult part. You will be amazed how resistive this plant is – it occurs in meadows, woodlands, wilderness, and in your garden.
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ See Current Price
✅ Best French Sorrel Seeds
Excellent sorrel seeds – The seeds grew well. Shipping is free on all additional seed packages purchased with this item, all varieties, any quantity.
I actually learnt about this herb accidentally when I saw wild growth in my garden. Unfortunately, I had been pulling this herb thinking it is a weed. After happening to read about this wild, sour herb and doing some research on the photos from the internet, I understood that the plants were not actually weeds they were edible. I tried tasting it and found that I liked the lemony taste.
I really did not have to grow this herb in my garden. Wherever I put my eyes upon, this mischievous herb is already present. I took a photo of the wild sorrel and matched with the images on Google to conclude that it was indeed wood sorrel. The photo on this page is from my garden where I put my leisure hours, the effort is quite rewarding and I am looking forward to growing more herbs.
The appearance of garden sorrel is similar to shamrock a 3 leaf clover but there is a stark difference. The shamrock leaves seem to be concentrated even after they have grown fully but the leaves of sorrel grow apart.
I came across many common names of sorrel of which the prominent ones are –
Common Sorrel or Garden Sorrel
Garden Sorrel whose botanical name is Rumex acetosa is an herb that grows mostly in spring and has lemon-like flavor. The blooms are red and the foliage is dark green. The garden sorrel is used in salads and dressings. It tastes delicious in soups too.
Wood Sorrel – The botanical name of this herb is Oxalis acetosella, a sour herb that is mistaken for weed. It has small heart shaped leaves that grow in group of three resembling a clover. The blooms of this herb vary from white, pink to yellow depending upon the species. Not surprisingly there are numerous species under genus “Oxalis”.
🌻🌾🪴 Advanced Modern Salad Grower? You Might Need These Gadgets 👇🏾👇🏾👇🏾 ==> Click The Images To Explore!
Other Herb Garden Enthusiasts Are Reading:
- Best Container Types For Growing Herbs And Why Some Grow Better In them 2022
- How To Grow Fennel Herb At Home? Easy Cultivation Of The Aromatic Perennial Herb 2022
- My Top Ten Favourite Culinary Herbs For All Recipes 2022- Foodies’ Must-have Guide To Flavour
👉 Garden Design
- 9 Books For The Most Beautiful Herb Garden Inspiration and Design – Your Homegrown Herb Guide 2022
- 9 Affordable Landscaping Ideas For The Herb Garden: Revamp Your Aesthetic And Design In 2022
- Water Conservation By Landscaping: Xeriscaping The Herb Garden To Reduce Irrigation Needs 2022
👉 Self Care Tips
- What Are Astringent Herbs? Grow Natural Prescriptions For Your Home Garden – The Secret To Healthy Aging 2022
- The Science Of Herbal Incense: Aromatherapy And Scent Diffusers
- All You Need To Know About Aromatherapy 2022: Benefits And History Of Relaxing Herbal Baths
👉 Gardening Tips
- A Beginner’s Guide To Growing Herbs From Seeds: Tips And Kits You May Use 2022
- Beginner’s Guide To Herb Garden: Ideas & Tips 2022
- How To Attract Bees To Your Garden? Facts On Pollinators And Tips To Grow A Bee-Friendly Herb Garden 2022
👉 Product Recommendations
- Indoor Herb Garden Kits: 9+ Best Amazon Gardening & Sprouting Gift Sets
- Awesome Affordable Gifts Ideas For Experts Or Amateurs In Herb Gardening (2022)
- Ergonomic Gardening Tools To Maximise Comfort 2022: Stool, Basket, Scooter, Hand Tools And More
👉 House Plant Guides
- Tips On Growing The Most Popular Air Cleaning Houseplant: Golden Pothos (Epipremnum aureum) 2022
- Tips On Growing Dracena “Janet Craig” (Dracena Deremensis “Janet Craig”) And Its Origin: One Of The Best Air Cleaning Plant 2022
- Best Air Cleaning Plant – Boston Fern (Nephrolepis exaltata “Bostoniensis”) – The Complete Guide To Grow Better 2022