Starting a home herb garden requires some thoughtful considerations.
Don’t worry if you consider yourself not having a green thumb. What you need is adequate enthusiasm and some will power.
Once you are into it, you can reap the nature’s bounty.
I would suggest you to start slow, take your time to find the local herbs that grow well in the climate you are residing. You can start with 100 square feet garden and even lesser. In fact you can start your herb garden from a pot. Herbs grow well in containers provided they are well exposed to sunlight and enough water.
✅ A Garden of Herbs Book
If You Like Herbs – This is a great addition to my personal library, I have already had several people ask if they can borrow it.
✅ Guide on Garden Paths: Inspiring Designs and Practical Projects
A must read – A must read for every gardener, farmer or plant nerd. Easy to read and understand and helps you really understand how to make your soil work for you.
✅ A Practical Guide to Growing and Using Herbs
Wonderful content and quality hard back book – This is a wonderful coffee table book, plenty of color pictures and facts and uses for herbs. It is a large hardback book and will take many hours of my time as I read it in more detail and there is plenty of detail. This book would make a wonderful gift, the quality is so good. I definitely would recommend this to a potential buyer, whether they are studying herbs or buying a gift.
Herbs grow even in soil without mulch, however that does not mean the soil has to be poor. By poor soil, I mean it should not contain too much of sand or clay. The soil should be balanced in pH not acidic, nor alkaline.
How do you grow herbs?
While you are debating between seeds and plants which option is better, I would suggest you to grow your first herbs from the saplings, the little herbs are less likely to die. Besides; it takes patience to see the seeds sprouting from the earth and for the beginner it may sound like a lot.
You can buy the herb from a nursery or just borrow it from your neighbour if he happens to own a garden. Herbs when fully grown will multiply in favourable conditions, you can expand your herb garden, store the seeds for next season or lend to a fellow herb gardener.
Growing more than one herb requires ample space, planning and taking care. I would suggest you to do away with pesticides by employing homemade insect repellents. Organic gardening ensures that your herbs are healthy and are free from the toxins that accompany from chemical insecticides and fertilizers.
Planning to start an herb garden? Here are more ideas –
✅ Best New Book of Herbs
Beautiful Book – This is a great reference book if you are trying to identify herbs as well as use them. I found the color photos wonderful and very professional. The data on each as well as the basic information overall is very useful. I recommend this to everyone who is serious about herbs.
✅ A Complete Guide to Growing Scented, Culinary and Medicinal Herbs
The herb garden – A beautiful book that gives a lot of information on knot gardens. Colorful prints and good information on planning a garden form scratch.
✅ A Guide on Backyard Farming on an Acre
Inspiring and Helpful – This book is for everyone who thought they could never have a garden nor animals. Not only does the book teach you everything you need to know about starting a backyard farm, it gives you awesome ideas about what to do with the products of your farm or garden. The book goes into intimate detail on every aspect. You can go full tilt to the entire backyard farm, or step by step- trying one part at a time. This book gives me all kind of ideas about how I can optimize the space in our 0.8 acre lot – tons of veggies, some eggs to eat and sell, honey, the possibilities are endless. It will have a permanently place in my house as a reference book.
Other Herb Garden Enthusiasts Are Reading:
- Amazing Health Benefits Of Thyme Essential Herbal Oil: Properties And Products 2021
- Create Your Own Bonsai Herb Garden At A Low Cost
- All You Need To Know About Aromatherapy 2021: Benefits And History Of Relaxing Herbal Baths
👉 Garden Design
- 9 Books For The Most Beautiful Herb Garden Inspiration and Design – Your Homegrown Herb Guide 2021
- 9 Affordable Landscaping Ideas For The Herb Garden: Revamp Your Aesthetic And Design In 2021
- Water Conservation By Landscaping: Xeriscaping The Herb Garden To Reduce Irrigation Needs 2021
👉 Self Care Tips
- Herbal Oils For Massage & Pain Relief – Get Your Own Stress-Relieving Spa At Home 2021
- What Are Astringent Herbs? Grow Natural Prescriptions For Your Home Garden – The Secret To Healthy Aging 2021
- How To Make Herbal Poultice From Both Dried And Fresh Herbs? A Guide To Anti-Inflammatory Healing From Home 2021
👉 Gardening Tips
- Best Soil According To Herb Types And Growing Tips 2021: Know Your Plant Needs
- How To Attract Bees To Your Garden? Facts On Pollinators And Tips To Grow A Bee-Friendly Herb Garden 2021
- Tips On Building Healthy Garden Soil For Herbs 2021
👉 Product Recommendations
- The Best Amazon Black Friday Deals For House Plant Lovers 2021: Spice Up Your Indoor Garden With Lovable Items On Sale For The Holiday Season!
- Ergonomic Gardening Tools To Maximise Comfort 2021: Stool, Basket, Scooter, Hand Tools And More
- 10 Most Popular & Highest Quality Indoor Herb Garden Kits 2021
👉 House Plant Guides