Well, as I prognosticated, only one of the clumps of twigs and dirt that Aerogrow sent over managed to grow. “Dormant State” indeed! Although I must say, the one plant that DID grow is growing very well.
To the Aerogrow lady’s credit, she did send over a new set of strawberry crowns. I got the package in the mail about two weeks after she said she’d send it.
I like the fact that it says “LIVE PLANTS! PLEASE OPEN IMMEDIATELY”, but I still question the decision of Aerogarden to send it via UPS SmartPost, a service that saves money by deliberately holding packages in a warehouse for days before sending it to you.
The first thing I did was to remove the strawberry crowns that did not grow. They were a muddy mess with absolutely no indication that they’d even tried to sprout.
Taking the new “crowns” out of the box, they didn’t look much better than the ones I was sent before.
Although this time, instead of crumbling when I touched them and seeing powdery white mold on it, I did see small indications of green. Still not quite what they picture on their Web site, but if it grows I won’t mind.
And so, I followed the instructions again and dug into the Coco Chunk to plant the strawberry plants. They say that 10 are supposed to come in a package, but after separating them as best as I could, I found maybe three decent sized plants, and the rest were twigs. We’ll see how many grow this time.
Again, the proper way to grow them is to plant them root side down into the growing medium and let the Aerogarden water it every hour by filling the tank and draining it.
And so now the waiting game starts. Let’s see if this new batch grows any better than the old one.
Other Herb Garden Enthusiasts Are Reading:
- 8 Most Popular Herb Blend For Tea 2021 – Make Your Own Aromatic Infusions Of Herbal Tea
- 10 Most Popular & Highest Quality Indoor Herb Garden Kits 2021
- Cool, Weird, Quirky, Unusual Vegetables You Probably Don’t Know – Grow Them In 2021
👉 Garden Design
- 9 Books For The Most Beautiful Herb Garden Inspiration and Design – Your Homegrown Herb Guide 2021
- No More Bare Earth – Top Tips And Ideas For Ground Cover 2021: Exotic Herbs And Aesthetic Colourful Plants
- Water Conservation By Landscaping: Xeriscaping The Herb Garden To Reduce Irrigation Needs 2021
👉 Self Care Tips
- Herbal Oils For Massage & Pain Relief – Get Your Own Stress-Relieving Spa At Home 2021
- Natural Guide To Non-toxic Organic Hair Care With Herbs For Repair, Thicker And Longer Hair 2021
- The Science Of Herbal Incense: Aromatherapy And Scent Diffusers
👉 Gardening Tips
- How To Deal With Dark Spots On Areca Palm (Chrysalidocarpus Lutescens) Stem? Growing The Best Air Cleaning And Humidifying Plant 2021
- Everything You Need To Know About Rosemary 2021: History, Facts And Growing Tips For The Perfect Mediterranean Cuisine
- Tips On Building Healthy Garden Soil For Herbs 2021
👉 Product Recommendations
- Awesome Affordable Gifts Ideas For Experts Or Amateurs In Herb Gardening (2021)
- Best Chances To Score Great Bargains 2021: All The Best Herb Products For Indoor Gardening From Growth Boxes To Seeds And DIY Kits On Amazon Prime Day You Should Not Miss
- Ergonomic Gardening Tools To Maximise Comfort 2021: Stool, Basket, Scooter, Hand Tools And More
👉 House Plant Guides