Believe it or not, attracting bees to your herb garden is beneficial to the plants and the entire ecosystem.
A successful gardener is always on his toes, trying to branch out to many different areas of expertise like vegetables and fruit gardening. And beekeeping is another venture that a gardener can indulge in. If it is not your cup of tea, you can still grow herbs that attract bees.
With an increase in malls, parking areas, and industrialization, natural meadows, and ponds where wildflowers used to sustain are under threat. Bees are the noisiest and hard-working pollinators who find themselves in constant trouble. With rapid urbanization, dead trees and the natural habitats of native bees are difficult to find. This is not it, a growing number of pesticides and chemicals challenge their survival rate. We are only able to find them in protected organic diversified gardens.
Be Kind to the Bees
✅ Best Ergonomic Gardening Tools Set From Alloy Steel
All natural materials – Nice quality. Need the traveling bugs to cooperate and move in. Pollinators need a home in your garden! Essential for home & organic gardening! Beneficial predatory bugs keep smaller insects off plants.
✅ Best All You Need To Know About Bees
Perfect beginner guide book – first telling you about bees in general with niche information of how to invite wild pollinators to your yard and offer them homes and food and protection – a section of planting for bees – and then, the second half of the book, all about getting started with keeping honey bees.
The bees will reward the gardeners who will provide them a home in their garden. Out of thousands of species, many species prefer to nest in a spot tunneled into the ground, the other species make a home in dead trees and stems. They can be broadly classified into ground nesters and wood nesters. The bees won’t sting you unless you squash their habitats or disturb them in some way.
Facts about Bees
Gardeners and farmers rely on the pollinators to produce the best crops, blueberries, and strawberries rely on the native bees to pollinate. Tomatoes pollinate by bumblebees bear bigger fruits and this is due to the friendly buzz of the bees. Thanks to their buzzing sound, the pollen grains shake and become looser compared to the action of the wind. Pollinators play an important role in food crops and you should thank them for their hard-working nature because one-third of every mouthful of your food comes from their effort.
Bees Love Herbs
Herbs attract bees and as an herb gardener, you can improve the flow of honey by growing these herbs. The plants and bees are interdependent on each other and require nurturing each other for survival. Herbs can provide some of the best nectar and excellent sources for honey, however; not all herbs attract bees. But some of the herbs supply valuable resources during the period of scarcity.
Bee Balm is a perennial herb that grows quite tall approximately up to 24 inches and bees love to hang around it as the name implies.
Borage and catnip are perennial herbs used in garnishing are equally good in attracting bees. Mint, thyme, anise and all types of salvia are herbs that are loved by most of the bees.
With a little planning and experience, you can find out what works for your garden and the pollinators well. Once you understand their needs correctly, you are definitely positioned to reap the rewards.
Other Herb Garden Enthusiasts Are Reading:
- Must-have Beauty And Natural Skin Care Products With Herbs 2021 – Use These For Glowing Soft Skin
- What Are Sorrel Herbs? Learn About Their Types And Usage An Your Herb Garden 2021
- Cool, Weird, Quirky, Unusual Vegetables You Probably Don’t Know – Grow Them In 2021
👉 Garden Design
- 9 Affordable Landscaping Ideas For The Herb Garden: Revamp Your Aesthetic And Design In 2021
- What Is Permaculture? The Book To Read When Designing Your Herb Garden According To Nature 2021
- 9 Books For The Most Beautiful Herb Garden Inspiration and Design – Your Homegrown Herb Guide 2021
👉 Self Care Tips
- Natural Guide To Non-toxic Organic Hair Care With Herbs For Repair, Thicker And Longer Hair 2021
- How To Make Herbal Poultice From Both Dried And Fresh Herbs? A Guide To Anti-Inflammatory Healing From Home 2021
- What Are Astringent Herbs? Grow Natural Prescriptions For Your Home Garden – The Secret To Healthy Aging 2021
👉 Gardening Tips
- Tips On Growing Herbs With Raised Bed Garden And Their Advantage 2021: Watering, Soil Mix And Composition
- How To Deal With Dark Spots On Areca Palm (Chrysalidocarpus Lutescens) Stem? Growing The Best Air Cleaning And Humidifying Plant 2021
- Tips For Growing Herbs In Pots 2021: Soil Quality, Nutrients And Sunshine
👉 Product Recommendations
- Best Chances To Score Great Bargains 2021: All The Best Herb Products For Indoor Gardening From Growth Boxes To Seeds And DIY Kits On Amazon Prime Day You Should Not Miss
- Basic Herb Garden Tool Set To Make Every Herb Gardener Happy 2021!
- The Best Amazon Black Friday Deals For House Plant Lovers 2021: Spice Up Your Indoor Garden With Lovable Items On Sale For The Holiday Season!
👉 House Plant Guides