I decided to look up a great salsa recipe on Allrecipes. To my delight, it used lots of tomatoes and lots of cilantro.
So, today was the day I finally harvested my crop of cherry tomatoes, which started in my Aerogarden VeggiePro (now the AeroGarden Extra), and then was transplanted into a big flower pot by the kitchen window. Here’s what they looked like:
Next step was harvesting the cilantro. If you recall, I have cilantro growing in two places: the Aerogarden unit…
…and the extra seeds, I planted in the flower pot next to the cherry tomatoes
For those of you keeping score at home, the cilantro in the Aerogarden unit grew at least 2-3x faster than the one in soil.
I took my cherry tomatoes and chopped them.
Next, I chopped up the cilantro:
I added salt, garlic, onions, lime juice, and chili peppers to the tomatoes and the cilantro into a bowl (I couldn’t find cerrano chiles, so I used long red hot chilis I found in my local supermarket). Then, I put it into the refrigerator for an hour.
When it came out, here’s what it looked like.
I’ll be honest, I wasn’t expecting much. But I kid you not, this was the most amazing tasting salsa I’ve ever had. It was light, fresh, and with a nice kick from the chilis, not at all like the thick gooey salsa you get in a jar, nor even like the over-done salsa you get at those fast food Mexican restaurants.
I almost polished off a whole bag of whole grain nachos in one sitting with this. And it was satisfying to know that half of it was made with things I had grown in my own kitchen.
This was the first, but will not be the last time I make this!
🌻🌾🪴 Advanced Modern Salad Grower? You Might Need These Gadgets 👇🏾👇🏾👇🏾 ==> Click The Images To Explore!
Other Herb Garden Enthusiasts Are Reading:
- Natural Guide To Non-toxic Organic Hair Care With Herbs For Repair, Thicker And Longer Hair 2022
- Basic Herb Garden Tool Set To Make Every Herb Gardener Happy 2022!
- Beginner’s Guide To Herb Garden: Ideas & Tips 2022
👉 Garden Design
- 9 Books For The Most Beautiful Herb Garden Inspiration and Design – Your Homegrown Herb Guide 2022
- 9 Affordable Landscaping Ideas For The Herb Garden: Revamp Your Aesthetic And Design In 2022
- No More Bare Earth – Top Tips And Ideas For Ground Cover 2022: Exotic Herbs And Aesthetic Colourful Plants
👉 Self Care Tips
- Benefits Of Essential Oils From Herbs 2022: Get Your Own Essence Recipes And Diffuser Now
- What Are Astringent Herbs? Grow Natural Prescriptions For Your Home Garden – The Secret To Healthy Aging 2022
- How To Make Herbal Poultice From Both Dried And Fresh Herbs? A Guide To Anti-Inflammatory Healing From Home 2022
👉 Gardening Tips
- Tips On Building Healthy Garden Soil For Herbs 2022
- How To Deal With Dark Spots On Areca Palm (Chrysalidocarpus Lutescens) Stem? Growing The Best Air Cleaning And Humidifying Plant 2022
- Everything You Need To Know About Rosemary 2022: History, Facts And Growing Tips For The Perfect Mediterranean Cuisine
👉 Product Recommendations
- Best Books On Herbs And Gardening For Booklovers And Avid Gardening Researchers 2022
- The Best Amazon Black Friday Deals For House Plant Lovers 2022: Spice Up Your Indoor Garden With Lovable Items On Sale For The Holiday Season!
- 6 Herb Garden Potting Bench Ideas For Decor, Storage And Preventing Straining 2022
👉 House Plant Guides