The beautiful and delicious rosemary herb is a must in your garden. Famous for its culinary and medicinal uses, it is one of the important constituents of Mediterranean cuisine. It is native to the Mediterranean terrains of dry and rocky regions. It is also found in the coastline and was used in culinary and healing since the early reminiscences of it being introduced by Romans and Greeks.
✅ Rosemary Herb Seeds
Great seed vendor – Rosemary takes time to germinate, but is productive if allowed the 3 weeks or so to germinate. I started a dozen back in April knowing that there is a lower percentage of germination especially in a low light residence and a colder zone 5 climate. Three months later, after transplanting and placing in a finally-summer-has-arrived-window, the earliest of my plants is about 5″ tall and looks great.I’m fond of Rosemary so it was worth the adventure for me to begin with Ohio Heirlooms’ seeds, despite rosemary not being winter hardy in my climate. I trust Ohio Heirloom to provide a non-GMO heirloom product at an affordable price and affordable shipping.
✅ Rosemary Herb Recipes
Beautiful and Profound recipe – This is one of my all time favorite recipe books. I haven’t anything that wasn’t wonderful. Some of my favorites are the strawberry soup and spiced bread pudding, but there are many other dishes that are delicious, as well.
Shortcut To Great Info On This Page
History of the Rosemary Herb
For centuries rosemary herb was the subject of interest and enthusiasm to the herbalists, scholars and chefs. Greek scholars used rosemary for making small garlands that adorned their heads. This beautiful herb got its name from Latin, “ros” means “dew” and “mary”( or marinus) means dew; together put it becomes “dew of the sea” justifying the phrase and its presence near Mediterranean sea. In Greek mythology the herb is called “anthos” which means flower, which in fact related to the bright fragrant flowers which are blue or pink.
The Greek legend has the goddess Aphrodite draping rosemary around her body while rising from the sea. It is also associated with “Virgin Mary” who is known to use the rosemary bush while resting. When she enveloped her robe on the bush while taking respite perhaps from the scorching sun, the flowers of the plant turned blue making it famous as “Rose of Mary”. However; there is no resemblance of the flowers or the herb to the flowering rose plant.
- Mythical facts on rosemary are quite interesting but we feel certain that just having this lovely, aromatic plant in the home will lift anyone’s spirits.
- Not only was Rosemary long known and used for various purposes such as culinary and medicinal value, it was also used in cultural practices by Greek and Romans.
- Napoleon Bonaparte must have admired the fragrant herb; it is known that he used a perfume that used rosemary.
- The herb finds itself in compelling literature, it is mentioned in poetry and makes presence in 5 of Shakespeare’s literary works.
- Brides in ancient traditions were known to wear rosemary flowers at their weddings. The herb is also related to love and considered a symbol of happiness and trust.
- Ancient culture and traditions have a sprig of rosemary being placed in the hands of deceased in funerals, this must be a symbol and association to the bereaved one offering console and a method to remember.
The herb enjoys a great spiritual connection to the transcendental realm. Philosophers closely align the plant to bring forth the awareness of the spirit and its close association to humanity by means of its healing power. As a matter of fact, if you grow this herb in your garden, you will love the beauty and serenity surrounding the flowering plant.
Tips For Growing Rosemary Herb
Rosemary is one of the most popular herbs used in Mediterranean cuisine. Growing rosemary herb is simple if you follow the instructions are aware of this delicious plant’s needs. There is an interesting Legend surrounding this aromatic herb – when Virgin Mary during her way to Egypt placed her cloak on the white flowers of this plant, the flowers turned into blue, since then, the rosemary blooms are always blue.
Essential Facts on Rosemary
Botanical name: Rosmarinus officinalis
Family: Lamiaceae (Labiatae)
Growth: Evergreen perennial herb
Hardiness: Zone 8-10
Garden suitability: Zones 7-9
Temperature: Ideal growing temperature, 50-70° F.
Light: Bright sunlight.
Water: Keep the soil moist and easily drainable but it should never become damp.
Fertilizer: All purpose fertilizer or home made mulch.
Soil Preference: Fast draining soil with plenty of sand.
How to grow rosemary?
Rosemary can be easily grown in modest soil quality and temperate climate which does not allow the soil to dry or crack. Do not allow the soil to become too soggy. This perennial herb can also withstand low temperatures but prefers full sun. It requires soil that ensures drainage because too wet a soil makes it wither.
🌻🌾🪴 Advanced Modern Salad Grower? You Might Need These Gadgets 👇🏾👇🏾👇🏾 ==> Click The Images To Explore!
Other Herb Garden Enthusiasts Are Reading:
- Herbal Oils For Massage & Pain Relief – Get Your Own Stress-Relieving Spa At Home 2022
- No More Bare Earth – Top Tips And Ideas For Ground Cover 2022: Exotic Herbs And Aesthetic Colourful Plants
- What Are Sorrel Herbs? Learn About Their Types And Usage An Your Herb Garden 2022
👉 Garden Design
- What Is Permaculture? The Book To Read When Designing Your Herb Garden According To Nature 2022
- Water Conservation By Landscaping: Xeriscaping The Herb Garden To Reduce Irrigation Needs 2022
- 9 Books For The Most Beautiful Herb Garden Inspiration and Design – Your Homegrown Herb Guide 2022
👉 Self Care Tips
- Natural Guide To Non-toxic Organic Hair Care With Herbs For Repair, Thicker And Longer Hair 2022
- How To Make Herbal Poultice From Both Dried And Fresh Herbs? A Guide To Anti-Inflammatory Healing From Home 2022
- The Science Of Herbal Incense: Aromatherapy And Scent Diffusers
👉 Gardening Tips
- Tips On Building Healthy Garden Soil For Herbs 2022
- A Beginner’s Guide To Growing Herbs From Seeds: Tips And Kits You May Use 2022
- Essential Tips To Herb Garden Plans 2022: Keeping Them Healthy And Low Maintenance
👉 Product Recommendations
- Indoor Herb Garden Kits: 9+ Best Amazon Gardening & Sprouting Gift Sets
- Basic Herb Garden Tool Set To Make Every Herb Gardener Happy 2022!
- Best Indoor Herb Garden Kits To Buy On Amazon Prime Day (2022)
👉 House Plant Guides
- How To Grow Wheatgrass Without Soil In Office Or Your Room?
- Best Air Cleaning Plant – Boston Fern (Nephrolepis exaltata “Bostoniensis”) – The Complete Guide To Grow Better 2022
- A Plant Lover’s Guide To Corn Plant (Dracaena Fragrans “Massangeana”): One Of The Most Durable And Best Air Cleaning Plant 2022