The beautiful and delicious rosemary herb is a must in your garden. Famous for its culinary and medicinal uses, it is one of the important constituents of Mediterranean cuisine. It is native to the Mediterranean terrains of dry and rocky regions. It is also found in the coastline and was used in culinary and healing since the early reminiscences of it being introduced by Romans and Greeks.
✅ Rosemary Herb Seeds
Great seed vendor – Rosemary takes time to germinate, but is productive if allowed the 3 weeks or so to germinate. I started a dozen back in April knowing that there is a lower percentage of germination especially in a low light residence and a colder zone 5 climate. Three months later, after transplanting and placing in a finally-summer-has-arrived-window, the earliest of my plants is about 5″ tall and looks great.I’m fond of Rosemary so it was worth the adventure for me to begin with Ohio Heirlooms’ seeds, despite rosemary not being winter hardy in my climate. I trust Ohio Heirloom to provide a non-GMO heirloom product at an affordable price and affordable shipping.
✅ Rosemary Herb Recipes
Beautiful and Profound recipe – This is one of my all time favorite recipe books. I haven’t anything that wasn’t wonderful. Some of my favorites are the strawberry soup and spiced bread pudding, but there are many other dishes that are delicious, as well.
Shortcut To Great Info On This Page
History of the Rosemary Herb
For centuries rosemary herb was the subject of interest and enthusiasm to the herbalists, scholars and chefs. Greek scholars used rosemary for making small garlands that adorned their heads. This beautiful herb got its name from Latin, “ros” means “dew” and “mary”( or marinus) means dew; together put it becomes “dew of the sea” justifying the phrase and its presence near Mediterranean sea. In Greek mythology the herb is called “anthos” which means flower, which in fact related to the bright fragrant flowers which are blue or pink.
The Greek legend has the goddess Aphrodite draping rosemary around her body while rising from the sea. It is also associated with “Virgin Mary” who is known to use the rosemary bush while resting. When she enveloped her robe on the bush while taking respite perhaps from the scorching sun, the flowers of the plant turned blue making it famous as “Rose of Mary”. However; there is no resemblance of the flowers or the herb to the flowering rose plant.
- Mythical facts on rosemary are quite interesting but we feel certain that just having this lovely, aromatic plant in the home will lift anyone’s spirits.
- Not only was Rosemary long known and used for various purposes such as culinary and medicinal value, it was also used in cultural practices by Greek and Romans.
- Napoleon Bonaparte must have admired the fragrant herb; it is known that he used a perfume that used rosemary.
- The herb finds itself in compelling literature, it is mentioned in poetry and makes presence in 5 of Shakespeare’s literary works.
- Brides in ancient traditions were known to wear rosemary flowers at their weddings. The herb is also related to love and considered a symbol of happiness and trust.
- Ancient culture and traditions have a sprig of rosemary being placed in the hands of deceased in funerals, this must be a symbol and association to the bereaved one offering console and a method to remember.
The herb enjoys a great spiritual connection to the transcendental realm. Philosophers closely align the plant to bring forth the awareness of the spirit and its close association to humanity by means of its healing power. As a matter of fact, if you grow this herb in your garden, you will love the beauty and serenity surrounding the flowering plant.
Tips For Growing Rosemary Herb
Rosemary is one of the most popular herbs used in Mediterranean cuisine. Growing rosemary herb is simple if you follow the instructions are aware of this delicious plant’s needs. There is an interesting Legend surrounding this aromatic herb – when Virgin Mary during her way to Egypt placed her cloak on the white flowers of this plant, the flowers turned into blue, since then, the rosemary blooms are always blue.
Essential Facts on Rosemary
Botanical name: Rosmarinus officinalis
Family: Lamiaceae (Labiatae)
Growth: Evergreen perennial herb
Hardiness: Zone 8-10
Garden suitability: Zones 7-9
Temperature: Ideal growing temperature, 50-70° F.
Light: Bright sunlight.
Water: Keep the soil moist and easily drainable but it should never become damp.
Fertilizer: All purpose fertilizer or home made mulch.
Soil Preference: Fast draining soil with plenty of sand.
How to grow rosemary?
Rosemary can be easily grown in modest soil quality and temperate climate which does not allow the soil to dry or crack. Do not allow the soil to become too soggy. This perennial herb can also withstand low temperatures but prefers full sun. It requires soil that ensures drainage because too wet a soil makes it wither.
Other Herb Garden Enthusiasts Are Reading:
- An Honest Indoor AeroGarden Review 2021: Peppers, Lavender And Basil
- What Is The Difference Between Herb Extracts & Herb Tinctures? 2021
- Natural Guide To Non-toxic Organic Hair Care With Herbs For Repair, Thicker And Longer Hair 2021
👉 Garden Design
- What Is Permaculture? The Book To Read When Designing Your Herb Garden According To Nature 2021
- 9 Affordable Landscaping Ideas For The Herb Garden: Revamp Your Aesthetic And Design In 2021
- 9 Books For The Most Beautiful Herb Garden Inspiration and Design – Your Homegrown Herb Guide 2021
👉 Self Care Tips
- What Are Astringent Herbs? Grow Natural Prescriptions For Your Home Garden – The Secret To Healthy Aging 2021
- Benefits Of Essential Oils From Herbs 2021: Get Your Own Essence Recipes And Diffuser Now
- How To Make Herbal Poultice From Both Dried And Fresh Herbs? A Guide To Anti-Inflammatory Healing From Home 2021
👉 Gardening Tips
- Essential Tips To Herb Garden Plans 2021: Keeping Them Healthy And Low Maintenance
- Tips For Growing Herbs In Pots 2021: Soil Quality, Nutrients And Sunshine
- How To Deal With Dark Spots On Areca Palm (Chrysalidocarpus Lutescens) Stem? Growing The Best Air Cleaning And Humidifying Plant 2021
👉 Product Recommendations
- The Best Amazon Black Friday Deals For House Plant Lovers 2021: Spice Up Your Indoor Garden With Lovable Items On Sale For The Holiday Season!
- Best Chances To Score Great Bargains 2021: All The Best Herb Products For Indoor Gardening From Growth Boxes To Seeds And DIY Kits On Amazon Prime Day You Should Not Miss
- Natural And Organic Pest Control Ideas To Keep Your Herb Garden Healthy 2021: Guides And Products
👉 House Plant Guides
- How To Treat Fungus In Houseplant Soil: Getting Rid Of Neon Green Mushrooms In My Tomato Plants 2021
- Care Tips For Growing Dumb Cane (Dieffenbachia Camilla): One Of The Best Air Cleaning And Beautiful Houseplants 2021
- Tips On Growing Peace Lily (Spathiphyllum sp.) – Experience On Planting One Of The Most Popular Houseplant 2021