Organic herb gardening goes a long way in growing and preserving your herbs without the use of insidious pesticides. In fact, organic farming is one of the most popular methods used to harvest yields worldwide.
✅ Best Neptune’s Harvest Fish & Seaweed Fertilizer
Quality organic fertilizer –
This is a quality product that I have used for several years!!! I use this product to foliar feed my pistachio orchard and inject into the root system via my drip system. Great product and expedient shipping.
The first step in growing an organic herb garden lies in appreciating its meaning and the means used for harvesting organic herbs naturally.
Organic gardening does not use chemical additives, synthetically manufactures industrial solvents. The movement of organic farming first came into effect during 1940s when people became conscious of the harmful pesticides being absorbed in the farm produce. The green revolution gave a significant boost to the organic means of growing food on earth which is healthy and nutritious.
An organic herb garden does need some requirements and techniques that help in making the environment and the soil healthy and toxin free. A straw covering to protect vegetables waste, food leftovers, dry foliage and grass can make excellent organic fertilizer which can enrich the soil. If you have a farmhouse, you can use the sheep and horse manure which make excellent compost too.
Organic compost conserves soil, retains moisture, adds humus and nutrients to the earth. This also inhibits the growth of weeds. Organic and natural fertilizer keeps the soil healthy and free from chemicals. Organic gardening encourages the growth of earthworms which in turn provide the necessary nourishment to the earth; they are Mother Nature’s natural tillers and provide best quality of soil. Fish emulsion and companion herbs can deter harmful insects too.
✅ Rodale’s Ultimate Encyclopedia of Organic Gardening
Container gardening – This book is not as big as you would think and it has a lot of information in it. I like where it talks about container gardening that’s the kind of garden I have. It also says if you’re new to organic gardening don’t get overwhelmed with things like bloodmeal bonemeal just use dehydrated cow manure.
✅ The Organic Gardener’s Handbook of Natural Pest and Disease Control
Must have – This book helped me identify the issues I have had in my garden this year. It gave me organic options to take care of the problems. The colored photos are very helpful and made it very easy to identify the pest or disease I was looking for. I had a white fly issue and according to the book it recommended ladybugs; which I subsequently purchased online. They did their job well. This book is definitely a must have for any gardener.
✅ Rodale’s Basic Organic Gardening
Rodale delivers again – As always, Rodale delivers–this time it’s a comprehensive source for organic gardening. The book is well-organized and anticipates and answers questions clearly. An excellent “go-to” source for OG, and well as the basics on the wonders of soil, and plants in general, and how we interact with them.
✅ Rodale’s Illustrated Encyclopedia of Organic Gardening
Better organized than the newer 2009 edition – This 2002/ 2005 edition is far better than the newer 2009 edition. It’s organized in a way that is easy to follow and instructional, with lots of photos to identify plants pests, and help in building and construction of compost bins, etc.
✅ A Master’s Manual of Tools and Techniques for the Home and Market Gardener
One of the best gardening books I’ve read – One of the best gardening books I’ve read. It talks in specific terms. Plus it explains why he likes to do things a certain way, and how he got to that decision. I have gardened organically for many years and have had few pest issues. Mr. Coleman went one step further and detailed how the organic garden fights pest and disease. I would recommend this book to new and seasoned gardeners.
✅ Best Organic Gardening
Perfect – Loved it! Has everything I expected and more. well written, easy read
Various types of homemade manure, seaweed extract, excreta from chickens, rabbits, goats, horses and cows can be used to make your organic compost. Once you are in it, you can make a steady base for an ongoing output of natural compost from your garden and kitchen waste. You will see eventually that it pays off. Not only is it affordable, it is so easy to prepare and maintain. You can also buy natural and organic fertilizer, they are far better and preferred fertilizer options. Remember a healthy soil provides a healthy foundation for your herbs. Strong herbs can resist pests and insects better.
✅ Dual Chamber Tumbling Composter
I Love It – It’s easy to assemble but it’s helpful to have an extra set of hands helping. Very simple instructions snap and screw. It took awhile to arrive but worth the wait. I live in Texas and it was over a 100 this week. The compost almost completed in one week lol. The smell is like earth or wet potting soil if you stick to the rules of composting.
Other Herb Garden Enthusiasts Are Reading:
- Basic Herb Garden Tool Set To Make Every Herb Gardener Happy 2021!
- The 30 Best Air Purifying Houseplants With Rankings 2021
- Easy Creamy Seafood Pasta With Basil, Thyme And Parsley For A Quick Dinner At Home 2021
👉 Garden Design
- 9 Affordable Landscaping Ideas For The Herb Garden: Revamp Your Aesthetic And Design In 2021
- No More Bare Earth – Top Tips And Ideas For Ground Cover 2021: Exotic Herbs And Aesthetic Colourful Plants
- What Is Permaculture? The Book To Read When Designing Your Herb Garden According To Nature 2021
👉 Self Care Tips
- Herbal Oils For Massage & Pain Relief – Get Your Own Stress-Relieving Spa At Home 2021
- Benefits Of Essential Oils From Herbs 2021: Get Your Own Essence Recipes And Diffuser Now
- How To Make Herbal Poultice From Both Dried And Fresh Herbs? A Guide To Anti-Inflammatory Healing From Home 2021
👉 Gardening Tips
- How To Deal With Dark Spots On Areca Palm (Chrysalidocarpus Lutescens) Stem? Growing The Best Air Cleaning And Humidifying Plant 2021
- 6 Tips for Growing Chillies At Home 2021 : How To Nurture A Healthy Indoor Salsa Garden
- Best Soil According To Herb Types And Growing Tips 2021: Know Your Plant Needs
👉 Product Recommendations
- Natural And Organic Pest Control Ideas To Keep Your Herb Garden Healthy 2021: Guides And Products
- Best Chances To Score Great Bargains 2021: All The Best Herb Products For Indoor Gardening From Growth Boxes To Seeds And DIY Kits On Amazon Prime Day You Should Not Miss
- 10 Most Popular & Highest Quality Indoor Herb Garden Kits 2021
👉 House Plant Guides