When I started gardening I was just a kid helping my father tending the lovely, demure saplings in our backyard. I never knew that I would come out as a successful gardener whether or not I possess a green thumb. After trying many plants and vegetables the herb gardener in me came out with flying colours.
I found myself venturing through garden designs and loved the pictures of beautiful botanical gardens that have distinct styles of renaissance and vintage era. Japanese tea gardens, Knot gardens, English gardens and the great Mughal gardens in India – all fascinated me. Though I knew I would never have the luxury of expansive acres, I could create a whimsical small garden of my own.
Shortcut To Great Info On This Page
✅ Best Making An Herb Garden Book
Favorite gardening books. – The pictures are gorgeous and inspiring, you especially love all the saturated color. Emerald green, Ocean green, every green imaginable, punctuated by richly colored flowers. The text has some good common sense advice, besides being enjoyably giddy in places: “Plants are squeezed into every corner–not a patch of bare earth is visible, and there is a sense that at any moment the whole thing might run out of control, which makes this planting very exciting.”
Birth of the Herb Gardener
As a novice when you begin a herb garden you have apprehensions especially if you are new to gardening. Anything that comes as tips and experience is of great help. I love pictures and I have found that you can explain better with the help of photos and illustrations.
In my blog I have suggested books that will help the beginners, potting ideas and help on knowing and testing the garden soil type. The articles have herbs with descriptions and colorful pictures. The photos are really helpful when you do not know how a particular herb looks like.
✅ Best Growing Your Herb Business Book
Great book! Great advice! – This book is amazing. The book is full of important information for anyone who is thinking of starting a small business and she gives great ideas on what you can start with, and she has numerous other peoples stories in the book, of how they started from nothing and grew their business to be profitable.
✅ Best Growing & Using Herbs Successfully
Good info on planting, propagating, harvesting herbs – This book contains a lot of good basic information on growing herbs. The sections on propagation and harvesting are especially helpful. The author starts with a list of 32 herbs that she recommends for a basic herb garden, and a second list of 32 more herbs. She does give some basic information for each herb, such as the kind of soil it likes, how tall the plant will be, and so forth. Information like that is necessary for planning a garden.
The Bountiful Herb Gardener
When I started a herb garden I had some basic garden information and small tools to kickoff. Steadily I learnt about composting, organic farming etc. As a gardener I desired a garden that is active the year round garden. Nothing depressed as much as a garden that blooms only one season –winter or summer. I love gardens that plan for all four seasons – fall and spring added.
✅ Best Book The Herb Gardener: A Guide for All Seasons
This is a wonderful book to use! – Great book with lots of information, a pity none on European climate or for growing in the different regions but it is good.
✅ Best Book Herbs: The Complete Gardener’s Guide By Patrick Lima
Excellent resource for herbs of all kinds – This is a great book. The photographs are beautiful and the information about his garden and each herb is captivating and informative. This book seems to have a variety of information about herbs. Would be good for any gardener who wants to grow herbs.
I could easily connect with flowers because they had so many colours in them. I was fascinated by spring blooms and watch the buds everyday waiting for them to bloom. I would get excited when the seed and sapling showed signs of life, tiny sprouts visible on their delicate green stems.
✅ Best Homegrown Herbs: A Complete Guide to Growing Book
Great book for growing your own herbs – Item arrived as described. For a used book, it is in excellent condition. All pages appear to be intact, unmarked and in perfect condition with no creases or tears. Great for starting out at beginner level, easy to read and understand. This book is solid, glossy and well presented with lots of nice pictures.
I learnt to love the herbs because even though they had little flowers on them, they sure gave enormous twist to the cuisines and tasted great. I loved the aromas of these fresh herbs that grew in my garden, they demanded very little effort and time, and yet they gave a big harvest for sumptuous meals.
I admired herbs for their flavors that gave the tea immense taste and zest. For the first time I tried tea with various herb ingredients. Basil was my favourite and so was hibiscus and cinnamon. I also loved the lemon grass tea; no concoction can beat the fresh fragrance of an herbal tea emanating from the freshly prepared brew.
Herbs were just not confined in culinary dishes as herbal martinis and syrups; it has extremely beneficial effects in medicine. Nothing can beat the herbs when it comes to holistic, natural healing. I really enjoy gardening and hope you too find solace in it.
✅ Best English Herb Gardens Book
Love this book – The book itself has some nice designs for herb gardens. There are beautiful live pictures of the plants including the roots, seeds flowers and leaves. Some have pictures of the seeds and leaves when dried. Each plant has a little history and description
✅ Best The Complete Book Of Herbs Book
Great book for learning to use herbs – This is a really great book about herbs. About half of the book is an “herb index” with colored pictures and detailed information about various herbs. This book focuses a lot on how to use herbs in everyday life. There are tons of recipes, some for more common uses, like herbal soups and breads. But there is a lot of information on less-common ways of utilizing herbs, like making herbal dyes, paper, potpourri, facial creams, and essential oils.
✅ Best Herb Gardening From The Ground Up Book
Excellent book for a beginner herb gardener, or any kind of gardener! – Well written, great growing, use and background information. Very reader friendly. Their herbs are beautiful and the staff are so friendly and helpful. If you are even a bit interested in starting an herb garden, this is a must book to add to your library!
Other Herb Garden Enthusiasts Are Reading:
- What Is Herbes De Provence? The French Seasoning Mix Everyone Should Have In Their Kitchen 2021 – Get Your Own Herb Stock Now!
- How To Make Herbal Poultice From Both Dried And Fresh Herbs? A Guide To Anti-Inflammatory Healing From Home 2021
- Tips On Building Healthy Garden Soil For Herbs 2021
👉 Garden Design
- 9 Affordable Landscaping Ideas For The Herb Garden: Revamp Your Aesthetic And Design In 2021
- No More Bare Earth – Top Tips And Ideas For Ground Cover 2021: Exotic Herbs And Aesthetic Colourful Plants
- Water Conservation By Landscaping: Xeriscaping The Herb Garden To Reduce Irrigation Needs 2021
👉 Self Care Tips
- The Science Of Herbal Incense: Aromatherapy And Scent Diffusers
- Herbal Oils For Massage & Pain Relief – Get Your Own Stress-Relieving Spa At Home 2021
- What Are Astringent Herbs? Grow Natural Prescriptions For Your Home Garden – The Secret To Healthy Aging 2021
👉 Gardening Tips
- Beginner’s Guide To Herb Garden: Ideas & Tips 2021
- How To Deal With Dark Spots On Areca Palm (Chrysalidocarpus Lutescens) Stem? Growing The Best Air Cleaning And Humidifying Plant 2021
- Tips On Building Healthy Garden Soil For Herbs 2021
👉 Product Recommendations
- Best Books On Herbs And Gardening For Booklovers And Avid Gardening Researchers 2021
- 6 Herb Garden Potting Bench Ideas For Decor, Storage And Preventing Straining 2021
- Natural And Organic Pest Control Ideas To Keep Your Herb Garden Healthy 2021: Guides And Products
👉 House Plant Guides
- Best Air Cleaning Plant – Boston Fern (Nephrolepis exaltata “Bostoniensis”) – The Complete Guide To Grow Better 2021
- Tips On Growing The Most Popular Air Cleaning Houseplant: Golden Pothos (Epipremnum aureum) 2021
- How To Treat Fungus In Houseplant Soil: Getting Rid Of Neon Green Mushrooms In My Tomato Plants 2021