Raw and fresh herbs are best because they are unprocessed and the natural nutrients do not get demolished by overheating. The benefits of herb juices are immense; they are the best warriors for the immune system of your body. They keep the body healthy and strong.
Ayurveda lists the properties of many herbs that can do wonders in the early hours of the morning. Mostly taken with an empty stomach, they are great for starting your day healthy and hearty.
Summer is a great time to have smoothies, herb juices and cold beverages. Winter and spring season is also good time to have herbal juices. While there is never a wrong time to take herbs, one must be cautioned about the cooling or heating effects that any herb has and how to take the same herb in cold climate or warm climates.
Benefits of Using Herbs in Juices
Detoxing with Herbal Juices: Taking plenty of fluids helps to detox the body and relieves unwanted toxins that get accumulated for a long period. Herbs play an important part in cleansing the body.
My Favourite Herb Juice Recipe
- One tomato
- One Cucumber
- 1 cup of mint – 50 to 100 grams
- ½ ts Black salt
- ½ ts Black pepper powder
- Basil or Bishop’s weed (Ajwain herb) – 5 to 10 leaves (Optional)
- ½ cup of Water to ease grinding – this can vary
I love my juice to be consistent and not thick. But there is no need of adding any water, if you like your juice thick. I also use lemon occasionally; this elevated the deliciousness of the juice.
I have planted basil and Bishop’s weed in my herb garden and they are awesome when it comes to cold, cough and congestion in throat. Usually I grind and squeeze the leaves of basil and Ajwain to get juice and mix them with honey before taking. I tried this herbal juice for 3 to 4 days and my cough and throat congestion vanished. A handful of herbs in any proportion would do. I was also doing gargling with 2 tablets of disprin tablets in hot water to ease the throat pain. However; if you are having viral infection or flu, please consult your physician.
Other Herb Garden Enthusiasts Are Reading:
- Benefits Of Healing Herbal Tonics 2021: Organic Anti-oxidants And Stress-Reliefer
- What Are Astringent Herbs? Grow Natural Prescriptions For Your Home Garden – The Secret To Healthy Aging 2021
- A Wine Lover’s Guide To Pairing Wine With Herbs And Spices 2021: Infusion Of Unique Flavours
👉 Garden Design
- Water Conservation By Landscaping: Xeriscaping The Herb Garden To Reduce Irrigation Needs 2021
- No More Bare Earth – Top Tips And Ideas For Ground Cover 2021: Exotic Herbs And Aesthetic Colourful Plants
- 9 Books For The Most Beautiful Herb Garden Inspiration and Design – Your Homegrown Herb Guide 2021
👉 Self Care Tips
- Natural Guide To Non-toxic Organic Hair Care With Herbs For Repair, Thicker And Longer Hair 2021
- The Science Of Herbal Incense: Aromatherapy And Scent Diffusers
- How To Make Herbal Poultice From Both Dried And Fresh Herbs? A Guide To Anti-Inflammatory Healing From Home 2021
👉 Gardening Tips
- Tips On Building Healthy Garden Soil For Herbs 2021
- How To Deal With Dark Spots On Areca Palm (Chrysalidocarpus Lutescens) Stem? Growing The Best Air Cleaning And Humidifying Plant 2021
- Everything You Need To Know About Rosemary 2021: History, Facts And Growing Tips For The Perfect Mediterranean Cuisine
👉 Product Recommendations
- 6 Herb Garden Potting Bench Ideas For Decor, Storage And Preventing Straining 2021
- Natural And Organic Pest Control Ideas To Keep Your Herb Garden Healthy 2021: Guides And Products
- Basic Herb Garden Tool Set To Make Every Herb Gardener Happy 2021!
👉 House Plant Guides
- Tips On Growing Peace Lily (Spathiphyllum sp.) – Experience On Planting One Of The Most Popular Houseplant 2021
- Essentials To Growing Gerbera Daisy (Gerbera jamesonii) – Best Air Purifying Flower For Beauty And Function 2021
- Get Your Own Beautiful Green Air Purifying Plants in 2021: Dracaena Deremensis (Warneckii)