Autumn is nigh, and while that usually means harvest time, with indoor gardens it can mean planting time as well. So I’ll be putting my obsession with air-cleaning plants aside for a while and turn my attention back to Aerogardening.
Remember how I mentioned how I came from traveling to find my Aerogarden ULTRA dead with a burning smell coming from it? Well, AeroGrow came through in a big way for me. Specifically, they sent me a brand new base. Now when I first heard they were sending a new base I figured maybe they’d send me some new circuit boards or something and it’d be up to me to figure out how to rip out the old one and replace it. But no, they sent an entire base, complete with the ULTRA control pad and all power cables. And they also threw in a new set of lights to boot.
I’m glad they’re stepping up in this way, especially to make sure that the experience of “early adopters” is good (if you recall, I probably got one of the first 10 or so of these things off the assembly line).
The most obvious difference between the old base of the ULTRA and the new one is that the new one has more screws on the bottom and generally looks a little less “cheap” and flimsy.
While they were never 100% clear of what the defect in the old models is, it’s probable that when users over-watered their gardens (a common occurrence given how hard it is to see the water line), the water would spill over right into the circuitry and cause a short circuit. The replacement cover they sent honestly didn’t look too much different from the old cover (I think there were just extra edges molded in), but this new model looks like they did a bit more of a redesign.
Installing the new base was a snap (literally). I needed to unhook the old grow light hook from the old, burned-out base…
And snap it into the new one.
And so begins another adventure in Aerogardening. And this time I’m going to be adventurous! Stay tuned.
Other Herb Garden Enthusiasts Are Reading:
- What Are Sorrel Herbs? Learn About Their Types And Usage An Your Herb Garden 2021
- Best Soil According To Herb Types And Growing Tips 2021: Know Your Plant Needs
- A Guide To Making Natural First Aid Kit from Herbs 2021 – Why Herbal Medicine Matters
👉 Garden Design
- 9 Books For The Most Beautiful Herb Garden Inspiration and Design – Your Homegrown Herb Guide 2021
- No More Bare Earth – Top Tips And Ideas For Ground Cover 2021: Exotic Herbs And Aesthetic Colourful Plants
- 9 Affordable Landscaping Ideas For The Herb Garden: Revamp Your Aesthetic And Design In 2021
👉 Self Care Tips
- The Science Of Herbal Incense: Aromatherapy And Scent Diffusers
- Natural Guide To Non-toxic Organic Hair Care With Herbs For Repair, Thicker And Longer Hair 2021
- Benefits Of Essential Oils From Herbs 2021: Get Your Own Essence Recipes And Diffuser Now
👉 Gardening Tips
- Beginner’s Guide To Herb Garden: Ideas & Tips 2021
- Tips On Building Healthy Garden Soil For Herbs 2021
- Essential Tips To Herb Garden Plans 2021: Keeping Them Healthy And Low Maintenance
👉 Product Recommendations
- Basic Herb Garden Tool Set To Make Every Herb Gardener Happy 2021!
- Natural And Organic Pest Control Ideas To Keep Your Herb Garden Healthy 2021: Guides And Products
- 10 Most Popular & Highest Quality Indoor Herb Garden Kits 2021
👉 House Plant Guides
- How To Deal With Dark Spots On Areca Palm (Chrysalidocarpus Lutescens) Stem? Growing The Best Air Cleaning And Humidifying Plant 2021
- A Plant Lover’s Guide To Corn Plant (Dracaena Fragrans “Massangeana”): One Of The Most Durable And Best Air Cleaning Plant 2021
- Get Rid Of Fungus Gnats Once And For All With Gnatrol (Bti) 2021